TRYING TO GET AWAY

|



Dear friends.

Still in Almay, financial capital of Kazakhstan, probably the ugliest city in the World. Grey, smoky, hot and with millions of junk cars going fast just to the next traffic jam. 11.000 km away from home and no way out. China, what I wanted to reach (just a hundreds km) is forbidden for my motorcycle. As most of you know, mi first mind was to reach Mongolia, but that was only an excuse to leave Spain. I changed my mind while I was travelling East. As I had to go Almaty, very far south from the Mongolian way, to visit BDO Kazakhstan people, I decided to try visiting other countries like Uzbekistan and Turkmenistan. Other reason to change my first decision was the way back to Spain. Who goes to Ulan Baator ships also the bike back by plane. Too much money. About 3000 euros. So I wanted to go back on my motorcycles. But getting visas are a real Kafka nightmare.

Uzbekistan visa seems to be gotten by Friday, but Turkmenistan is one of the most closed countries since the Wall fell. If I get visa (an uncertain business), I have to go every time accompanied by a local guide (probably an spy). It basically means paying double for everything. If not going through Turkmenistan to the Caspian Sea, I have to cross again the Aral desert (once I was a sea, but soviets made an irrigation plan and the sea got dried) to get Aktau, also on the Caspian Sea. Both cities has ferry to Acerbaian (another visa to obtain), but the boat only goes when is full. So you could wait for one or two days, or one or two weeks. If meanwhile the visa expires, fuck you. More legal problems. And still paying the guide, of course. If everything goes well and I can get Baku, Acerbaian port, then I have to go to Georgia, recently in war against Russia, and from there, Turkey, which means home.

It seems to be a very long trip and a very good chance to learn Russian. Keep safe.

0 comentarios:

Publicar un comentario